Tuesday 5 September 2017

"Drink the wild air" - Maja Design Moodboard Inspired Creation - Dusty Attic

Well hello and welcome. I hope this blog post finds you well.
Today I have my newest project designed with Maja Designs September Moodboard. It is nothing short of spectacular. I of course love it. And what else to do with these colours but something with the beach! See below for the beautiful moodboard and some details about it.

You are free to interpret the mood boards in any way you’d like. They are supposed to set you in an inspirational mood without too much controlling. Be inspired by the poems, words and photos. They are not given rules, they are just there as inspiration. However – it is highly recommended you to follow the theme. Feel free to use any Maja papers as you’d like as long as they follow the colour scheme.
A winner will be picked and presented on the blog September 25th.





My interpretation of the moodboard was very simple. I followed the colour scheme and did something relating to the beach or outdoors. And this is what I came up with. I have titled this 
"Drink the Wild Air".....


For this project I have used Maja Designs Denim and Friends collection. The papers I used are all listed below. 


I decided to go with something a little bold this time and used the diagonal stripes on the b side of Pocket Square. This was cut in such a way that I could add a square of Indigo to the right side of the stripes and then use the remainder cut into strips and adhered to Indigo to give the page a little movement.

Jeans T-shirt 
Pocket Square

Snapshots
Stonewashed
Worn Indigo


I did some photo matting with Jeans T-shirt and Stonewashed. I also added in a couple of the frames from Snapshots on top of and around the photo matting to highlight my photo.


I have used some of the gorgeously new and one of my favourite collections of flowers thus far from 49andMarket. I have listed these further down the page for your convenience. Amongst these florals I added in some distressed pieces of natural burlap and some little and big shells collected from our beach.


I have used lots of Dusty Attic pieces to help with the embellishing of this project. These I have listed for you again below. I also used Finnibairs Texture Crackle Paste for most of my chipboards. Also my favourite thing to use at the moment is the Rust Effect Paste in brown. I have also thrown in some Art Stones as you can see above.

Fishnet DA 0654

Lighthouse DA0007

Mini Seagulls DA1176


Ships Wheel DA1674

Mini Sailboat DA1034


Below is another list with some extras. The newest Stamp Set Gabi's Sunshine Stamp Set to be released from 49andMarket is a must have I think for every collection. I absolutely love the quote on this and have used a line from it for the title of my layout........"Drink the wild air"............


Natural Burlap


Gabi's Sunshine Stamp Set 4 x 6
Gabi's Ethereal Stamp Set 4 x 6

Seaside Blooms Seabreeze

Blossom Blends - Bluebell

Garden Seeds - Bluebell





Well that is all that I have for you today. Stay tuned for another very shortly. 
I hope you have enjoyed my project and wish you a wonderful day.


Until next time take care xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017