Friday 14 July 2017

"Beauties" 49andMarket - Cottage Life

Hello and welcome back today for my instalment of 49andMarket's newest release collection to hit the shelves. I can't explain the sheer delight these new papers brought me upon their arrival. The amount of ooooohs and ahhhhs that could be heard from myself  and my daughters as I took each sheet from the box would have had drawn attention had anyone been standing close by. I think this is by far one of the most beautiful collections I have ever laid my hands on.

So to sit down to craft with it was even more of a thrill.



I found a card from the Cut Outs sheet which I decided to used as my title for the page. I then went in search for a photo to accompany it. This photo is one that I have used once before. It is one of my most special photos of my two girls. I adore this photo and thought it would work perfectly with this collection. I did originally have it in black and white but changed it to a sepia tone partway through creating this layout. I felt the brown shades suited it much better.

I used two sheet of Provence to start my layout . The first of course for my background and the second was cut firstly for the floral elements which I fussy cut. I then cut a couple of photo mats and then a couple of more and tore some also to do a little layering of the photo. I used the dotted lines from the framework to help frame my photo on three sides. I also wrapped a little of 49andMarket's jute cord around the frame and tied it in a bow at the side.


I cut a few more elements from the Cut Outs Sheet to help embellish my layout. These were added atop of these beautiful beautiful .....did I say beautiful soon to be released flowers. They are just to die for........and that is the honest truth. A must have all three collections for the die hard flower hoarders like me. I know a few lovely friends that would give their left arm to have these in their collections.


I embellished my page further by frame the matting layers using a favourite chipboard Dusty Attic frame. I cut it into 3 and added some Liquid Pearls and gesso to these to help them hightlight the photo.


And from another view of these gorgeous flowers. They are amazing. I did a little dry brushing with gesso to keep with the whitewash or shabby look of my layout. And also to help keep my layout as soft as this beautiful photo.


Here you can see more of the layering of torn papers of Garland. I love stripes. And this green is a stunning colour to co-ordinate with the blue of this page.



Here you can see the Wagon Wheel elements which I think are just adorable. And you can also see the sprigs from the flowers that you will find when you purchase the soon to be release flower range. They also have some gorgeous leaves and branches but I decided to leave these out for this layout. Can't wait for you all to see them.

Materials Used for this project

49andMarket Cottage Life
49andMarket Jute
49andMarket Flowers BlueBell (soon to be released)
Dusty Attic chipboards
Gesso
Ranger Star Dust Stickles
Ranger Crackle Accents
Liquid Pearls

Well that is all from me tonight and for the month. I so hope you have enjoyed my blogpost tonight. Wishing you a very special and safe weekend. Until next time take care and happy scrapping.

Tina x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017