Thursday 13 April 2017

"Remember Today" 49andMarket DT creation - Looking Through

As I said yesterday, I would be back with a project using the very new "Looking Through" flower fairies collection. I really can't explain what has happened to me of late but purple has become my go to colour. These papers are the ultimate collection to recreate scenes with and even when your photo may not be of the best quality (like mine) they still work a treat. I have titled today's project "Remember Today".This photo is actually a very old favourite and I have used it a number of times but it truly is one of those photos that place me back in time.


To start my layout I simply did some tearing with the "Lilac" papers and layered these with some soft lace. The top piece "Lilac" was sliced down the wood paneling and lightly distressed.


The photo I changed up to black and white to fit in with my colour scheme and gently sanded the edges. I then layered it up on to a couple pieces of matting using the same papers. These matting pieces were distressed lightly. Then these were adhered to the right side of my layout.


I have done a little fussy cutting from Looking Through's The Cut Outs. But I also found a well in Scent's of Nature's collection which fit perfectly for this layout. Couldn't believe my luck. Even the colours were a perfect match. Thank you Janene.....you do a perfect job designing these wonderful collections!


Also for my project I included these new gorgeous Layered Embellishments. Absolutely fabulous for that added extra bit of layering in your work. I have fallen in love with these. I added some mediums to mine to create a more shabby texture for my layout. They really are so very versatile.


And of course no layout is complete without the addition of some gorgeously beautiful 49andMarket Blossoms and Bouquets. These at present are my most favourite of all flowers. My life I am sure would not be the same without them........  These were gessoed a little and I added some Star Dust Stickles to added that magical element to the layout. Actually I added quite a lot of Star Dust Stickles throughout the layout. Makes the pretty things prettier!!


And one last peek! ......Well that is all from me today. I would like to wish you and your families a most wonderful and safe Easter. Until next time take care.
Tina x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017